E-commerce and the global payments space is evolving rapidly and there are huge opportunities in fast changing growth markets such as Latin America, Southeast Asia and China. While the underlying drivers show some consistency internationally, the ways in which different countries, cultures and regions have adopted digital payments are unique.
GGM's 2018 E-commerce and Payments market dataset gives you a detailed understanding of the markets, the future outlook and the business opportunities. Request details
Young consumers in some areas of Eastern Europe and Asia have few qualms about leapfrogging traditional banking methods and moving directly to digital wallets offering lower fees and targeted value propositions.
While digital payment growth is ubiquitous globally, cash is entrenched in developing markets, even as a payment method for online goods. However, even as some e-commerce companies tap into the potential for cash spending, progress is also being made with alternative payment methods to wean more traditional markets away from from cash.
In Southeast Asia for example, our latest research shows a USD9.6 bn market for retail e-commerce, with cash-on-delivery representing 19% of total payments.
This market is projected to grow at a 35% CAGR year to 2020 and beyond, led by rising incomes and the large unbanked population gaining access to e-commerce.
This annual data service measures online spending broken down by payment methods and market segments in key geographies, and identifies trends in payment usage with forecasts to 2020. To explain the trends behind the numbers, our in-country consultants conduct interviews with leading local payment platforms and e-commerce companies. And our analysis provides insights on consumer preferences, market opportunities and competitive gaps, to help you tap into future demand.
National level market data for they key countries in each region, plus regional summaries. Clients may subscribe to one or more regions.
- Africa & Middle East - Egypt, Kenya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, UAE
- China & East Asia - China (with regional breakdown), Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan
- Eastern Europe - Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Ukraine
- Latin America - Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay
- South Asia - India (with regional breakdown), Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- Southeast Asia - Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Market data, forecasts and analysis for performance benchmarking and planning.
- Market size by vertical: Retail; Travel & transport; Digital goods & services
- E-commerce by device: Mobile; Computer
- Cross-border vs domestic: Cross-border payments; Domestic payments
- Payment methods: International credit card; Domestic credit card; Debit card; Cash payment; Bank transfer; Digital wallets; Others
- Growth and forecasts: Historic 2014 - 2017; Forecast 2018 - 2020
- Optional data add-ons: On request, eg. offline transaction data, leading players, payment card penetration, etc.
The research and analysis is based on primary research by our in-country consultants, targeting local payments experts, banks and card companies, leading e-commerce companies, local digital payment providers, payment associations, regulators and others, in addition to exhaustive public domain research.
- PDF reports
- XLS database
- Findings presentation
Contact us to discuss including private custom topics, using our research program to answer your questions about the market.